OSCAR build date: Jan 21, 2015 10:44:17 AM
OSCAR build tag: 22.214.171.124general461
Client browser: Firefox 17 ESR
Client OS: Windows
1. Demographic must have an active drug list of 2 or more medications in the RX module
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the "Medications" section of a patient with 2 or more medications in RX module
2. Check the box next to 2 or more medications on the drug list and click "ReRX"
3. Drugs will appear at top of screen to edit instructions field
4. Click the "X" in the top right corner of ONE of the medications, to remove it
5. Click "Save" to save script
Only the drug(s) that were still remaining at the top of the screen should be renewed, with previous script archived as "re-prescribed"
Drug that was "x"'d out from the instruction area in Step 4 above should not be affected
Properly re-prescribed drug is renewed and still showing on "current" drug list
Drug that was cancelled (X) prior to saving has disappeared from active drug list and has been archived as re-prescribed, although no renewal drug (new entry) is displaying on list
This is a major issue for many doctors as many will either click the "+" next to "Medications" heading on echart, which will cause drugs to automatically appear as if to be re-prescribed (causes them to use the "X" in order to only re-RX drugs needed", or they will use the button "Represcribe all Long Term Medications" and use the X to clear out any LT Meds they do not want to re-prescribe.
If not noticed by the doctor, this could be dangerous as a drug that is actually current will not be shown on the list, so any other doctor will not know the patient is taking the medication.