OSCAR build date:
OSCAR build tag:
Client browser: Firefox
Client OS: Win 7
1. Requirements: System running an older 12.1 war file, around August 10th 2013.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a prescription, starting date a year ago and have duration = 7 days.
2. Represcribe the drug (today's date will work)
3. Review prescriptions: only one version will appear
4. Click on drug to review history: all older versions of drug are active
5. Run update to latest version of OSCAR
6. Review prescriptions
Only one version of the drug will appear
An entry appears for both versions of the drug.
In August builds of 12.1 only the newest version of an Rx would show, even though old ones are active. 12.1.1 does not make this distinction and does not clean up older prescriptions during the upgrade. This is especially troublesome if a client has been taking a Long Term Medication for a few years and has many versions of this prescription. (Medical records need to kept for 10 years).
The issue here is that we will have a single line for every Rx that was renewed. So if an Rx was renewed 20 times, it will show up 20 separate lines of the same drug. That will be the default view of the drug list of the patient. We are not talking about 2-3 lines. We have an FHT that has patients coming in for medications for several years. If all those Rx renewals are available as a single line, this causes major issues to scroll through those Rx list. Doctors have patients that they have been seeing for years. For many of these patients, the drug list can run into multiple pages. Hence, having duplicates makes it not only difficult to keep a track of the current medication list, it also becomes a patient safety issues as they can show up with cumulative quantities on a prescription presented at the pharmacy.